Sunday, February 27, 2011

Knit Knit Knit!

Last weekend I went to Utah and could not help but stop by a yarn store. I did limit it to just one so that Skyler did not have to pretend to be interested more than he had to! :]
This is Skyler, by the way!

And this below is the front of the yarn store I went to in Provo.


I only bought one thing because I really do not need any more yarn right now unless it is for something specific. I'm really trying to cut my buying yarn on a whim habit until I get my yarn stash under control! So instead of buying yarn I got this little pattern booklet.

Yes, that baby is dressed in angel wings....Anyway, they had the cardigan and hat below knit up as a little sample in the store and it was love at first sight. I don't have kiddos and won't for a while longer, but I love baby things like this and just can't help but fall in love with them. They had a little "deal" at the store where if you buy the yarn you get the pattern free. Well, after browsing around I realized I would pay about three times as much if I got the yarn versus the pattern booklet and I had no where to store the yarn on my flight home. So I got the booklet instead. I think the hat would be a great baby shower gift.


Now, remember how I mentioned I was going to dye my yarn? Well, since I am on a bit of a time crunch I actually did it!!! I have dyed all three skeins of the yarn! I'll have a little bit more on this in the near future. (How near it is depends on how quickly I can figure out my video editing software.) I like the result, but definitely think I am better off buying the color I want. I think our kitchen will be permanently blue because of this.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment