Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fabric Outing

I like to shop sales. Like many other people, I'm sure. Recently I got a coupon for Jo-Ann's that I decided I would use today. In the e-mail I also saw that solid flannel was on sale! (The reason I was excited about this is because my mom and I sew and sell pillowcases and I had gotten some prints a while back and needed to get some matching solids!) I set out to get some fabric for the sew-along and the pillowcases.

I found these two for the dress. The floral print if for the top and the red for the bottom. Man, am I excited for this one! The floral print is pretty sheer, so I'll be needing to line it in some way, but I love it so much that I don't mind.

The solids are what I got today. Unfortunately the green is not "limey" enough. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find a use for it! I took pictures of my fabrics, but I guess I was still a little off.




I also scored on some bathing suit material and a book called Sew Retro, but I think that those will be brought up in a later post. :]

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I finally made it to your new blog - it's so pretty! I did not know you made pillow cases, I will be enlisting your services as soon as I have money ; ) All my vintage pillow cases have definitely seen better days now - we have actually used them and they have given up after about 5-6 years, so anyhow, I'll get with you on that!

    ReplyDelete